Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I love my wife, but...

But she drove my Titanium lugged to 120 OCLV carbon fiber bicycle into the garage. The Aeros carbon fork with aluminum steerer (fricking sweet fork) is snapped, the frame is questionable. Road race on Saturday is looking questionable. Durache levers dented. I saw it happen. I didn't even yell or turn red like normal. I just hugged her. Know why? Secretly I know now I can put those dented levers on my cross bike and get new ones for the road bike. Maybe even justify a new stem/bar for the bike. Muhuhaahaa! I still win.

5 comments:

len said...

Damn. That's a major bummer. Shoulda sent it down to me. At least it would've been exciting when I wrecked it.

Bummer dude, hope the frames straight.

sda said...

sweet, new shifters for the cross bike. and the road bike. you should shoot high and get that mercedes out of the mishap too. you know, for emotional damages.

cvo said...

your a good man carp. I'm sure Allison felt terrible, and I'm sure she felt a lot better when you gave her that hug..

see ya in a few weeks.

Cornbread said...

Ouch. Home owners insurance. Cha Ching!

Bobby said...

Oh man, that's a drag. You'd think getting married to a young strapping buck such as yourself would have eliminated the "Hamel" gene.