Monday, November 24, 2008

Whatever

Well I did it. I won the South Dakota State Cyclocross Championship. Shouldn't I?be proud of myself. Well, in short, no. I only beat one person whom I would consider a true competitor. Sure the course was great and the race promoter put in a lot effort to make the event legit. She always puts on a nice race. It's just a little frustrating when we just don't have the numbers to show up. I guess people felt like they would rather go on their own ride or just do projects around the house. It's fine, whatever your into. Not everyone likes to race, I understand that. I love the town I live in and the little mountains that we have here. If still lived in Lincoln at least I could have gotten my butt whipped by some true competitors. Isn't it better to know you gave everything you had and maybe only got 5th than to win and feel like you've accomplished nothing. I guess I need to travel to race cross. 9 hours to Lincoln, 7 hours to Front Range...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chad! I see your point, but all you can do is get out there and compete. Eventually you'll elevate the field. You're doin it!

Of course, heading to Lincoln is always a good idea.

Carp said...

Aw shucks Bonsall, you always make me feels so darn diddley good!