Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Big Horn Sheep

Violet and I were riding Storm Mountain last night about 5:00. We came over a ridge and ran almost smack into a Big Horn sheep. There were 11 of them and they ran across a little valley and then just stopped and stared at us. They all had the massive curved horns, quite impressive. They are as tall as a mule deer and much thicker. Violet didn't even chase them, I was proud of her. Of course she'd already gone 13 miles so she was pretty tired. I got a pic on the phone but it is poor quality. I don't get too excited about wildlife usually, but this was kind of neat.

2 comments:

sda said...

i rode past some big horns on my way to estes a couple weekends ago. they are huge.

sometime remind me to tell you the story about a big horn that jumped over a moving car at highway speed.

Carp said...

Dave,
Don't forget to tell me the story about the bighorn that jumped over a moving car at highway speed.
Carp