Monday, March 10, 2008

Early Season Cross Rides

I got out today and made some deposits in my pain account out on the road bank. I wish I could get a better rate of return, oh well... 60 miles between 0% and 15% grades all between 3K and 6K ft. (Why do they build roads that are so steep here?) Should have been a three hour ride on a road bike. It took me 4 on the cross bike with a backpack full of crap. I felt like I had cement in my legs. I never stood but for a second to let some blood flow into my little buddy. I'm reading "The Rider" by T Krabbe so it's motivating me.

6 comments:

sda said...

i went out on the x bike for a couple hours last weekend. i like that thing. no heavy backpack though, just my fat ass.

Carp said...

Cross bikes are sweet cause then when you get on your rodie you are flying.

Carp said...

Can't wait for Fruita. I'm bringing at least one buddy named John. He can ride all day. Dave, are you rolling SS? 34x18 or 19? I'm debating the 29er ht, the blut LT or the old standby SS.

sda said...

not sure yet. thinking about bringing my canoe and just fishing the colorado the whole time. ;).

Chunk said...

hey dude,

ran into your sister-in-law the other day and she was pretty hurt that you wouldn't let her join you guys on a road ride. by the sounds of things, she's going to hit the bike hard so vengeance will be hers the next time.

hope you're diggin' the orca.

Carp said...

Munson-Yeah she was bummed. I didn't mean her any disrespect. I was like Melanie, you don't understand. We're riding 60 miles up lots of hills. My friends ride fast, I can barely keep up. You would not make it. It didn't sink in. I should have just let her come and have Allison follow in the car so she could have picked her up after like 45 mins.
The Orca is fast and fun to ride. Still getting the stem/seat position worked out. I'm watching that "chip" whatever on the downtube. Some more paint sort of flaked off of it, but it's been stable since. Also, I couldn't get the hop out of that wheel but I gave it to someone who's more qualified than me so tomorrow I'll go and pick it up and I'm sure it's $$. Thanks for that bike, I like it and the jersey is sweet!